Each year, the NSYO welcomes auditions for entrance into the orchestra. If you’re a young musician between the ages of 12 and 26, we encourage you to apply!
Why join the NSYO?
- Regular performing opportunities
- Networking and coaching with industry professionals
- Participation in workshops, masterclasses, and job training
- Opportunity to perform alongside internationally acclaimed artists
- Nationwide recognition as a high quality ensemble
- Make new friends and create awesome musical experiences!
- Our auditions are done by video, consisting of a short solo, scales, study, and orchestral excerpts.
- The video audition should be a file uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or another online file-hosting service (please make it “unlisted” so it’s not public, but viewable to anyone with the link).
- For your individual instrument requirements, details are here: Audition Requirements [PDF]
- Please also fill out and email our application form here: Audition Application Form [PDF]
- A $25.00 non-refundable fee must be included with the application form, or can be sent via e-transfer to KyrieRobinson@symphonyns.ca.
- Your audition should be sent by email to KyrieRobinson@symphonyns.ca.
Applications should be received by the NSYO office by May 31, 2019. (Please contact us if you will be delayed, as we’ll accept late applications for positions we are trying to fill.)
Auditions are judged by a panel consisting of our Music Director and the appropriate instrument coaches. If you’re not successful in this year’s audition, we strongly encourage you to try again next year!
For more information or any questions, please contact us: KyrieRobinson@symphonyns.ca.
Tuition: $550.00. Some bursaries are available for students in financial need.